One of the most dynamic projects I have ever worked on is our website, Sleep-Geek.com. This is something we started a few years ago and has not stopped changing ever since. We are constantly making tweaks. Not because we got it wrong the first time, but because we listen to our community and let it evolve the way they want it to.
In our latest listening session, we learned that Sleep Geeks want open access to more content. With that in mind, we are happy to announce the arrival of Sleep Geek 3.0! This version of Sleep Geek is without a doubt bigger and better than it has ever been, and we are very excited to finally share it with all of you! So what’s new?
- As you can see, there’s no more login! HURRAY! The only time you’ll have to log in with your e-mail and password is to access Geek University and certain exclusive content (hint, hint). Keep in mind, if you have not setup a Sleep Geek account, you can’t get the weekly e-mail, so make sure and do that.
- More content than ever before, which means videos and blog posts that you are going to love.
- Excellent NEW Sleep Geek contributors! We have assembled some of the best thought leaders in the industry to write for us. This is where the real conversation is going to be happening, so don’t miss it.
- New educational pieces that are going to help you make more money in this awesome industry.
- Gossip. We are going to be giving you all of the dirt. Who is sleeping with who, who just got fired, who drank too much at the latest industry cocktail party, etc. Okay, so we’re not one of those magazines you get at the grocery store checkout line, but you never know for Geek 4.0.
Not only are we going to be covering things relevant to the sleep industry, we are also going to be watching the news and other consumer products companies to see what they are doing that we might be able to capitalize on. We will have contests, technology reviews, and throw some stuff at you that has absolutely NOTHING to do with this industry. Just because we think it’s cool.
At Sleep Geek we don’t see things as they are, we see them as they should be. We know that as a community we can make this industry better. We know that alone we might have some good ideas and will probably advance our own self interests, but as a collective group, if we work together, we can improve the way we present the products for the bedroom. We have said it before: In many ways we are NOT competing with each other. Instead, we are trying to get consumers to understand that a better quality of sleep CAN AND WILL deliver a better quality of life! How many people get to say that about their products? If we all push that idea forward and create some momentum, we will, without a doubt, advance this industry that we love to bigger and better places. Do you believe?
So before you do anything else, if you don’t have it already, set a bookmark for this page. Next, make sure you’re signed up for the weekly e-mail. Finally, copy and paste a link to our site and e-mail at least two people and tell them what is happening here. Remember, this community is only as good as you make it. So step up, share your voice, and have some fun in the process. You will get what you give!
On behalf of myself and the 30 other people who have been working on this new site, we say THANK YOU for being here and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do. On that note, what do you think? Share your thoughts in the new comments section below.